About this blog
Little holes are bits of my life I seem to have lost, forgotten because I've never kept a diary or journal before. So this is me trying to write things down so that in the future I can remember what I spent my time doing. I'm hoping that by keeping a blog, it will encourage me to think more which might make me remember things better. I don't like having holes, I'd prefer memories instead.
Welcome to my blog.
What this place is:
- Simply a personal blog/journal.
- A place where I can try and remember things and write some personal stuff.
- Probably something else as well but that bits complicated and I haven't quite worked it out yet.
What it isn't:
- The home of something furry and cute that runs around in your back garden.
- A place where I run around in a fluffy leotard. (Well actually, I might if I could find one to fit, but I'm shy.) General kinkiness is acceptable fodder though.
- A 'cool blog', whatever that is, nor is it particularly intended to be a place for topical social commentary or reportage (I don't have the writing skills for those things).
- Static. At random, I might rub out all the the above and start again.
Feel free to pop in
You're welcome to pop in and post a comment whoever you are (I don't have many taboos). If you've landed on what seems like a scary introspective post, just scroll up or down and you might find something more friendly nearby.
About Me
I age with Bruce Willis, but in a certain light you might mistake me for Rolf Harris (I'll forgive you this once ...)
I'm single by firm choice, although you might notice that I talk a lot about falling in love. That's because inside this decrepid mind lies a perpetual adolescent who hasn't got a clue what being adult means. In fact I've taken a vow never to be captured by the evil love queen again and to that end I'm trying to take Gay pills (before there are any curious propositions - they haven't kicked in yet).
Truth betold, I have lived and seen love, lucious wickedness and wild adventure. Haven't got any qualifications that allow me to moan or squeak so if I do those things, please kick me.
I've got a seriously failing short term memory and the attention span of a gnat. If I was young, I'm convinced I'd have ADHD but I'm not so I'll call it old age. Also suffers from a sugar imbalance (an excuse to eat lots of chocolate) and RSI.
What? Who said you could kick me?
Haven't got a clue how to express myself and therein lies the full extent of my disability. It means I'll sound loud, brash, quiet, silly, and probably disordered. As well as for filling in holes, this blog is a trial I've set myself, a curious (for me) exercise in self-expression which has so far proved unsuccessful. I'm pretty stubborn though.
Oh, and I've got the creativity of a squished pumpkin. It's incredibly frustrating.
A quiz
When I was young: I drank to excess, did wild things and should've died.
When I grow up: What's that?
I wish: I could be reborn as Bunny Bond 006½. Mission, to rescue Laika in a daring jetpack escape from a sabotaged Sputnik.
I love: seeing other people smile, chocolate.
I love: chocolate, seeing other people smile.
You'll recognise me by: my furry ears and that unloaded gun stuck to my head, or is it my foot.
I'd like to: offer you my organs, some of them still work.
Likes
I love music, Art and photography and I've been known to take the odd photo from time to time.
I want to cuddle every mountain I see. I've climbed most hills in the British Isles, quite a few in the Alps and even a couple in the Himalaya. I only really enjoy the sharp craggy ones though and like to dangle from places no sane human would go.
If you live in a cottage under one, I've fallen in love with you already. I could iron and wash dishes and maybe even stretch to a veggie risotto??
Listens to (in no particular order)
Morrisey (a late convert), Arcade Fire, Air, Faithless, The Music, The Cure
Vaughan Williams, Philip Glass, Harold Budd
Edith Piath, Laura Nyro, Janis Joplin, Shirley Bassey
Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Lol Coxhill, Faust, Portishead, Elastica, Alice Cooper (before he went solo), Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Fine Young Cannibals, Kinks
Battlefield Band, Martin Hayes, Richard Thompson, Planxty, Bothy Band
The theme to True Romance (the xylophone bit).
(this list could go on ... you've discovered my real weakness)
Reads
Books: Philip Pullman - Dark Materials/Northern Lights, Tolkien - Hobbit/LOTR/Silmarillion, Andrey Kurkov - Death and the Penguin, William Horwood - Wolves of Time, Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World (only the first of this over-long series), oodles of Sci-Fi (but not recently). I'm sure there were lots of other serious books but I got bored trying to remember what they were.
Blogs (not so much the polished chrome, literary masterpieces, but the ones that hide real people).
Watches
Films: The Shining, Thelma and Louise, The Third Man, Nikita (the French original), Frantic, Matrix (just the 10 minute pill scene), Aliens (the second in the series), A Jackie Chan selection (plain fun), Bond movies (Connery, Lazenby), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ... and others, now what were they again?
TV: umm Green Wing when its on, Jools Holland's Later. Nothing else cuts it for me. Eh, ok, I'll own up to having watched some Sugar Rush episodes for some lighthearted fun although I'm sure you'll think I watch it for all the wrong reasons.
Other odd stuff
Climbing, rain, Stars (the twinkling sort, up in the sky), photography, this very interesting man
That's all.
<< back to the Blog front page